Kerala Style Rava Upumavu
Upmav is a healthy and delicious breakfast recipe And it is very popular in south India. It is also one of the easy to prepare breakfast item. It does not take much time and upma preparation can be done in 15-20 minutes, if you have the roasted semolina ready. With the following upma recipe, you can create tasty and healthy upmav. Try it and let me know your comments.
- Roasted semolina (sooji / rava) : 1 cup,
- Onion (chopped finely) : 1 medium sized,
- Green chilly chopped : 1 or 2,
- Bengal gram (split and skinned) : 1 tbsp
- Ginger (chopped finely) : ½ inch
- Cumin seeds : ½ tsp,
- Curry leaves : 2 sprigs
- Cashew nuts : 10 nos
- Mustard seeds :1 tsp
- Oil / Ghee : 2 tbsp,
- Water : 1 cup
- Salt as required
Roasted Rava 1Kg
- Quality Products With Rich Aroma And In Quality. Make Your Dish More Aromatic And Tasteful With Our Products. We Take At-most Care In Quality And Ensure You To Give A Good Quality Products.
- Use our products to make healthy evening snacks, be it a breakfast and dinner. This can be used to make variety of dishes. Enjoy your cooking with our products and make your kitchen a fun to work.
- Try out some new innovative dishes and make your family feel happy and healthy. These products have high nutritional value that can fulfil all members in your family.
- Once opened place it in a air tight container. This will last longer with rich aroma and freshness. These are perfect combination of health and taste.
- These products will serve you as a healthy food option for whole family. These will be perfect for regular home preparation as well like other dishes.
Upma recipe instruction
- Heat the pan with oil.Add in mustard and let it splutter.Now add in urad dal ,dry red chilly ,chopped ginger,onion ,and green chilly,curry leaves
- Saute it well.Add in salt.
- Now add in water and chek for salt.
- Close the pan and let it boil.
- Once the water starts to boil add in roasted rava carefully(little by little) and mix it gently.Add in rava using one hand and mix at the same time with your another hand.If you are not expert don’t worry first you add rava then mix it well.
- Keep your stove in low flame now.
- Mixing is super important dont allow to get lumps..if happen so break it with spatula.Keep stirring.
- Now close the pan for few minutes.(2,3 minutes in low flame)
- Open the pan stirr it well until you get soft fluffy upma
- Finally add in grated coconut and mix it again.
- Now soft fluffy upma is ready to serve .
- You may serve it with banana or simply with sugar.If you love curry use any gravies of your choice.